● A first-of-its-kind system that continuously monitors bus and truck tire pressure and temperature via sensors placed inside the tire
● An increasing number of vehicles have been equipped with ContiPressureCheckTM since its global launch in 2013
● Suitable for integration in almost all existing telematic fleet management systems
Middle East, January 25, 2018. Continental, the leading automotive, tire and technology company, has announced the Middle East launch of ContiPressureCheckTM, a first-of-its-kind tire pressure and temperature monitoring system for buses and trucks. Redefining the tire market with this new innovative technology, and highlighting their commitment to providing tire solutions, Continental Middle East aims to reduce overall fleet costs and improve road safety by ensuring the proper usage and maintenance of tires.
The ContiPressureCheckTM system is designed to take the daily hassle of monitoring truck and bus tire pressure and temperature away from drivers, so that they can focus on safe driving. The regional roll-out of the system comes in line with recent regulations issued by the GCC authorities to achieve maximum safety, preserve the lives of road users and reduce injuries from vehicle accidents, especially trucks.
In the UAE, a mandatory phase for the installation of remote monitoring devices to detect faults in heavy trucks that have completed more than 20 years’ service, was recently announced by Dubai’s Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) and put in action from July 2017. Actively championing road safety, the UAE government is working to reduce traffic fatalities under Vision 2021, a policy which targets safer driving conditions and improved road user behaviour. Meanwhile in Saudi Arabia, the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organisation (SASO) released technical regulations for owners and drivers of foreign trucks and trailers, pertaining to protective devices in their vehicles while crossing into the Kingdom.
“We work in co-operation with the authorities in the region to provide innovative technologies that contribute to the overall driving safety measures set in the local markets. As we also aim to give our customers a boost in performing their daily jobs, we present to them the innovative ContiPressureCheckTM system that looks out for their safety and is an added reassurance for them on the roads,” said Juan Uruburu, Head of Sales, Commercial Vehicle Tires, Continental Middle East.
Uruburu continued, “Continental is steadfastly committed to bringing our customers solutions that not only help their businesses run more effectively but also allow them to contribute towards being more socially responsible.”
Under-inflated tires lead to higher operating costs. The new ContiPressureCheck system continuously measures the pressure and temperature of all tires on vehicles - even when driving. This helps to save fuel and increase mileage. It also significantly reduces the risk of tire failure, whilst maintaining the value of the casing, and thus the re-treadability.
1. TIre Sensors – Mounted on the tire inner liner inside a rubber housing (tire sensor container), the sensors continuously measure tire temperature and pressure.
2. Central Control Unit (CCU) – Receiving tire sensor signals directly or via the additional receiver, this evaluates the data and sends the status of all of the vehicle’s tires to the driver’s display screen.
3. Driver Display – Positioned inside the vehicle, this shows tire pressure, temperature and provides the driver with warning alerts.
4. Telematics Integration (optional) – Gives drivers the option to be linked with local telematics systems for live monitoring.
1. Easy - Quick and easy to install, mounting inside the tire guarantees high data accuracy. ContiPressureCheck is compatible with all tire brands.
2. Economical - Driving with the correct air pressure can lead to significant fuel savings, increased mileage and maintain the value of the tire casing, thus making your fleet more economical.
3. Reliable and safe - The ContiPressureCheck system helps prevent tire-related breakdowns that can lead to costly downtime, late fines, negative publicity, danger to other road users and loss of sales or profits.
4. Eco-friendly - Running the correct inflation pressure lowers fuel consumption, reduces tire wear, decreases CO2 emissions and consequently protects the environment.
5. Connectivity – The system can be integrated in the vast majority of telematic fleet management systems, providing fleet maintenance managers with a real-time status of each and every tire on a vehicle.